Memory Loss---Do you guys get it too?

• 41 Replies

carrots

Re: Memory Loss---Do you guys get it too?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »
But I do feel sad about forgetting important things in my loved one's lives, forgetting names, things that people expect others to remember and that feel thoughtless to forget.

:yeahthat:

I can and do tell my closest friends that I've only been in this state of forgetfulness since two incidences of retraumatization caused by contact with FOO. I don't just forget names but also events of importance in my friends' lives whether distressing or great. I used  actually to have a really good memory.

Dinah-sore

Re: Memory Loss---Do you guys get it too?
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
Very interesting too about the imaginary world. Yes. When I was a child I lived in my imagination. Not only was my home life chaotic, and difficult. But I am an only child. I was lonely. I daydreamed about having a larger family. You know, come to think of it. I used to also wish I was an orphan, who lived in a big room with a bunch of other kids, some of whom I was related to. How sad is that to daydream to be abandoned. But in the daydream the other people took care of me and protected me and I felt safe.

I still have a crazy imagination. I still have worlds in my head that I can go to, and I still go. In fact, I have been writing a lot lately, and I often wonder why or if I will ever write about the people and worlds in my head. And to be honest, I don't want to ONLY because they are too special to me, that I don't want to share them. Like it will lose the magic. Like they are too important to write about.

Strange.
"I had to accept the fact that, look, this is who I am. I have to be who I am, and all of us have a right to be who we are. And whenever we submit our will, because our will is a gift, our will is given to us, whenever we submit our will to someone else's opinion a part of us dies." --Lauryn Hill