Very interesting article on narcs and religion...

• 1 Replies

tommom

Very interesting article on narcs and religion...
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:39:18 AM »
Well, this may or may not be surprising to anyone here. It is entitled "Narcissism Impairs Ethical Judgement, Even Among the Very Religious".My mother, a narc, was a perfect example of this.

There is a woman in our church who I suspected was one and on Sunday, she got up to say she wanted us to pray for her grandson because he felt like God meant for him to join the Marines. (What??) Like that was something bad or undesirable (it was not what she wanted, of course. If you know the face of narcissism now, its so obvious, isn't it?) A good friend who goes to our church stood and, very sweetly talked about a young man she knew who truly was led to the Marines and how was so happy there and how it had changed his life, and other's, for the better and then offered a prayer for our troops. It was lovely, very non-judgemental, just sweet. Anyway...here is that article:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120312140254.htm

"It is not my job to fix other people; everyone is on their own journey."

CathyMathy

Re: Very interesting article on narcs and religion...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »
Not much of a surprise to me. It's not a tough choice for a narc: to put yourself first or put someone else first. Put ethics ahead of supply? I don't think they are capable of altruism, no matter what they believe in re religion.