All goals are future goals

• 5 Replies

Grahamcracker

All goals are future goals
« on: January 05, 2018, 10:49:15 AM »
Can you please change the title of this part of the forum to simply "goals"?  It's redundant since all goals are, by definition, in the future.
"Wisdom's a gift, but you'd trade it for youth, Age is an honor but still not the truth"  Vampire Weekend.

Latchkey

• Administrator
Re: All goals are future goals
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:51:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. We are discussing this as a team and are always open to new ideas.

There are different ways to frame a goal, as in past, present, failed...
Also my millennial kids use the #goals for lots of different things.

If other members have opinions on this please post and we can discuss these as well.
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

SonofThunder

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:53:56 PM »
My opinion for extra input for the board; the descriptive sentence for that forum topic is “A place to describe where we want to get to and what we want to change.”. 

....where we want to get to...  Since a changed title of just ‘goals’ could be a place where a member decides to post about goals other than the future (past considered but not attempted, failed, already achieved), I believe the descriptive sentence would need to change to allow for that, should the board be that concerned about title word choice. 

Although never having posted in this section, I take it to be a place to journal and share about hope and to seek encouragement, and possibly wise input on ‘where we want to get to’, and that is a fairly specific place of hopeful content that could end up (if altered) interspersed with more generalized and potentially opposite conversations that are negative in nature.   SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in contented peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Grahamcracker

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:23 PM »
okey doke.  Maybe I'm overtechnical but I always consider the term "goal" to mean an aspiration.  "Future goals" just sounds redundant.  But it's no biggie either way.
"Wisdom's a gift, but you'd trade it for youth, Age is an honor but still not the truth"  Vampire Weekend.

SonofThunder

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
okey doke.  Maybe I'm overtechnical but I always consider the term "goal" to mean an aspiration.  "Future goals" just sounds redundant.  But it's no biggie either way.
I personally enjoyed the thought about the subject and appreciate your attention to detail (overtechnical).  I am the same way and enjoy to think deeply.  I completely understand your suggestion on the matter, but since you posted it on the boards and not in a pm to the mods, I found it intriguing for myself to contribute healthy debate and discussion to the thought.

SoT.  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:02:27 PM by Bloomie »
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in contented peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Bloomie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 09:01:06 PM »
Just popping in to let you know that after discussion we feel the title is appropriate for the intended purpose.

Graham Cracker... thanks for raising the question and my hope is that your pedantic way of analyzing every word in a sentence, which likely is a huge asset in many areas of life, will not keep you from enjoying posting in the Future Goals part of the forum if you feel the urge. :bigwink:

We are going to lock this one up as the question has been asked and answered, folks. Thanks for the discussion. ;)