Help with Inner Critic

Started by Dinah-sore, February 13, 2018, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinah-sore

I briefly looked to see if anyone else had posted this, but I didn't see it. If it has already been posted or if it doesn't follow the guidelines I apologize.

I watched this video on a friends Facebook today and I cried so hard. I have a very mean inner critic sometimes, and I have been helped so tremendously from many of you here at this forum to recognize it and combat it. I love what they do in this video, it made me really understand what I am doing to myself when I allow those negative critical thoughts to have a platform for speaking. I wanted to share this video with you, I know that when we have PD parents, often their ways of speaking to us critically gets copied by our own inner voices.

Even with NC they can have access to abuse us, if we don't deal with the inner critic.

Maybe if we do the exercise they do in this video we can help ourselves.

Love you <3    :bighug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSgm7i81E0

"I had to accept the fact that, look, this is who I am. I have to be who I am, and all of us have a right to be who we are. And whenever we submit our will, because our will is a gift, our will is given to us, whenever we submit our will to someone else's opinion a part of us dies." --Lauryn Hill

practical

If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

LittleStar

Thanks for sharing... I also cried :'(
"Awareness is the first step in healing." - Dean Ornish

Unsent letter http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=70583.0

SonofThunder

Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

LightOrb

While a beautiful idea, and something I was made to do by a life coach I had, I feel blamed at the end. The relationship will myself does not determine all the other relationships in my life. My relationship with my FOO was not caused because I did not love myself. The message plays too close to what they say, that I am the culprit of the current state of things.

Autumn Sky

That made tears well up here too!  Very powerful!