An Interesting Thought...

• 1 Replies

tommom

An Interesting Thought...
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
My sister (also formerly married to a PD) sent me something with this statement in it:

"The lives of each of us may be ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way for His glory, if we will only entrust Him with our lives. If we try to regulate our own lives, we will have only mess and failure"

How interesting. If there are any people I know and have known  personally who live in chaos and misery, it is the many narcs with who I have had relationships. They are also the people who refuse to take any input, ideas, suggestions or anything else into account.

Anyone else have any thoughts on that?
"It is not my job to fix other people; everyone is on their own journey."

Bloomie

• Administrator
Re: An Interesting Thought...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »
tommom - what a beautiful statement. "The lives of each of us may be ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way for His glory, If we will only entrust Him with our lives.."

Maybe one of the biggest spiritual lesson in my journey OOTF to a place of peace (still working on it of course) is to let go of expectation and control and embrace responsibility and gratitude as a spiritual practice. To work to line up my life with the great wisdom and empowerment of The Word of God alone has brought a flow of serenity no matter the circumstances. I do not want to live any other way ever again.

and "If we try to regulate our own lives, we will have only mess and failure."

The further I get from the type of chaos that PD loved ones bring through grasping, manipulation, attempts to dominate, win, obfuscate, control.. hands out ever empty wanting more...the less tolerance I have for it anywhere near me.

I have only to be 100% responsible for me and can release attempting to regulate anything or anyone else and it is a mindset with great reward I am finding.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:49:53 PM by Bloomie »
"If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lesson, you will continue to grow." Dr. Caroline Leaf

Bloomie 🌸