The Covert Passive-Aggressive Narcisisst

Started by blues_cruise, February 27, 2018, 12:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blues_cruise

This is a long one (nearly an hour) but is brilliant. So many "YES! Me too!!!" moments while listening to this. It's an interview between Meredith Miller of Inner Integration and author Debbie Mirza and they discuss the passive-aggressive behaviour of covert narcissists. It's really validating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAybjXhcVc0
"You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to become." - Carl Gustav Jung

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

HeadAboveWater

Thank you so much for posting this link! I am relatively new on my journey Out of the FOG, and this made a huge difference in my understanding. The abusive personalities I have known have been so sophisticated, and I spent over a decade of my adulthood placing so much blame on myself. Resources like this are really helping me to rewrite my past and help protect myself as I move forward. It is, indeed, so validating. That hour flew by!

blues_cruise

Hey HeadAboveWater, glad you found it helpful.  :) I find it so validating how they discuss the little crazy-making, passive aggressive remarks that are often used by the narcissist, which you know are designed to make you feel bad without drawing attention from other people. Narcissism Survivor also has some really good stuff on YouTube, his videos really helped me when I first started Out of the FOG.  :yes:
"You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to become." - Carl Gustav Jung

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

Psuedonym

I just read her book and it was really helpful. Thanks for posting this!