Call For Host Team Volunteers

Started by bloomie, March 20, 2018, 09:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloomie

All,

As Out of the FOG membership continues to grow with new members joining us every day, we are experiencing the need for more volunteers to join our "host team" who keep an eye on our intros board and make sure everyone gets a timely welcome.

Many new members think long and hard before making that first post. For some, this is the first time they have submitted something to an internet forum. When you add to that the vulnerability most Non's feel when they first arrive here, it underscores how important this role is. The first reply a new member receives can be one of the most important and memorable communications they get.

There are a group of remarkable Out of the FOG members, past and present, who have transformed lives with a gentle word. We are calling on those who know the power of having received a kind word and timely welcome and who want to pay it forward to join them.

See below for a description of the host team position. Please contact a mod or admin if you are interested.

QuoteOut of the FOG Host Team:

Out of the FOG Host Team Members are volunteers who commit to reading every Introduction on the Welcome Mat - welcoming any member whose introduction has not received any replies.

Host Team members are identified on the Host Team list and have access to the Host Team forum.

Any member with at least 3 months of participation and 50 or more posts and are members in good standing can volunteer to join the host team by sending a PM to any moderator or member of the admin team.

The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

LightOrb

I can volunteer, if I am given some guidelines to make sure I don't mess up with my first posts. I spend a lot of time here and some times I've said hi just because I understand how important is to get somebody on the other side of the screen, even I can't give anything actually useful.

bloomie

Spring Butterfly

Call for volunteers!

To be considered you must have:
· 3 months of participation
· 50 or more posts
· in good standing

PM one of the current team members or respond to his post. We'll review your post history and if you are selected to join the team there's a bunch of resources, coaching and guidance you'll receive to help you get started.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

helpmeplease

I would like to be considered for this Host Team too please. I have had lots of invaluable help and support when I was in a dreadful state and I really would like to give something back and try to help others who are going through hurtful and confusing experiences. Thanks

bloomie

helpmeplease - Thank you so much for stepping up. Give the team a few days to get back to you as we are in the midst of some forum maintenance. :)