Missed appointment

• 3 Replies

sonto92

Missed appointment
« on: April 17, 2018, 01:28:48 AM »
I am struggling a little this evening. Had an appointment scheduled with BPDx scheduled for this afternoon with our family therapist to discuss the kids and I had it in my head that it was supposed to be tomorrow - I had even called in a sub for tomorrow so I could be there.
Iíve been beating myself up over this incessantly because I feel like I have to be on my game at all times with my BPDx and I have to work twice as hard to not make mistakes, and I made one this evening. I spoke with the therapist and she was understanding- she was concerned because I am never late to an appointment.
Iím dealing with my BPDX on 2 fronts right now - middle son and youngest daughter and this forgetfulness on my part has been an ongoing thing over the last several weeks. My brain has just been ďsizzlingĒ trying to hold down my other responsibilities and relationships and it feels like things have reached capacity.  I have a pretty good support system in place and I used some of it this evening. Iím just really tired

athene1399

Re: Missed appointment
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:00 AM »
Remember you are human. We all make mistakes, especially when stressed to the max. It sounds like the therapist knows you weren't intentionally missing the appointment. I'm sure you can reschedule and make the next one.  :) Don't forget to show yourself some self-compassion/self-care from time to time. It helps to prevent burn-out.

Arkhangelsk

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Oh this is just the worst feeling!

There is so much to deal with and sometimes we are going to drop a ball.  I hear you, however.  I have a hard time in these moments.

My boyfriend describes it this way - My ex is the bomb thrower and we are the bomb squad who has to defuse the bombs.  It takes so much less time to lob a bomb than to render things safe again.  But that is what we have to do.

athene1399

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »
That is a great analogy with the bomb squad. It is like that a lot with us, too. The best way I combat this is to brainstorm ways BM will try to sabotage things based off of things she has done in the past so I already have a plan in my mind on how we will diffuse the situation. Maybe this isn't best because I shouldn't devote that much of my time thinking about BM,  but it gives me the sense of control that I will be prepared for the next bomb she throws.