STBX is now completely uninvolved

• 2 Replies

Mintstripes

STBX is now completely uninvolved
« on: April 22, 2018, 01:31:52 AM »
Months ago, at the first court appearance, he came in with guns blazing, demanding 50-50 visitation and custody.

Now, he's consistently and consecutively cancelled all court ordered visits for almost 2 months. He doesn't call. He's entirely uninvolved in DD's life. His visitation has now been suspended by the judge until the next court date. I haven't seen a cent in child support, either.

I don't understand how he could just stop seeing her. DD is really little but she still asks for him, especially when I'm on the phone. "Daddy? Daddy? I want Daddy!", she says. She was scrolling through my old phone while playing a kid's game and found pictures of her father. "I want Daddy! I want Daddy!"

It breaks my heart. I know I'm capable of doing this on my own, as I have been. I tell myself I'm a good mom and that I'll do everything I can to make my daughter's life as good and as normal as possible. But I never, ever expected STBX to become a deadbeat.

Liftedfog

Re: STBX is now completely uninvolved
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 01:50:35 AM »
Yup same here.  Never expected my expdh to stop the supervised access visits.  He was very close to the children before I left. Never imagined he would check out. He last saw them in 2014.  I'm coping fine about this. But Everytime the kids ask about seeing their dad, it's like a dagger through my heart. And it takes me days to recover from the pain.  All we can do is be a strong, supportive, caring mom.  We can't do more than that.   

Mintstripes

Re: STBX is now completely uninvolved
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:02:33 AM »
Yup same here.  Never expected my expdh to stop the supervised access visits.  He was very close to the children before I left. Never imagined he would check out. He last saw them in 2014.  I'm coping fine about this. But Everytime the kids ask about seeing their dad, it's like a dagger through my heart. And it takes me days to recover from the pain.  All we can do is be a strong, supportive, caring mom.  We can't do more than that.

Agreed. I'm coping pretty well with it too and quite frankly, am relieved that he's not super involved. But it's still sad. I'm going to have to figure out how to navigate DD's questions as she grows older. She's only a toddler now. Sometimes I take pictures of her and notice that she looks like him, has the same expression or whatever. She's growing and reaching milestones. And he's not around for any of it.
His loss.