From the "no good deed goes unpunished" files

• 21 Replies

moglow

• Retired Administrator
  • >^..^<
Re: From the "no good deed goes unpunished" files
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »
Broken, my brother keeps referring her back to common denominator in all these problem relationships: herself. Anyone who has this much trouble with this many people really needs to reevaluate, but no. There's always someone else to focus her anger and resentment on. Pathetic waste of a life, is what it is.

Mother's said more than once she "doesn't know where he (referring to my NC brother and others) gets this violence and anger from." A. He probably just didn't mince words and told her exactly what he thinks of her/her behavior. B. Really?!! As angry, resentful and violent as she's been all our lives, the many meltdowns when things don't go how she expects?? She doesn't understand? Projection, sheer projection.

None of this is new with her, thus my earlier prediction re: the anvil - sadly, we know the process. My suggestion that we piss her off so she'd move on was tongue in cheek, but the fact remains she was actively looking for something to meltdown over. So she engineered an unnecessary confrontation. Guessing right about now THAT didn't turn out as planned either. *I* didn't meltdown and call repeatedly, begging to talk to her, accepting her pathetic excuses for her behavior, and taking the blame for how sick she's made herself over it. Truth be told, she's probably relieved in some level - she found a mad.

It's the same crap over and over. She STILL plays the victim while in her mind other people did things to her - attacked her, is the usual way she puts it. It does shed a whole new light on stories she's told us over the years of altercations with others, situations where this or that person "attacked" her. I'm guessing those people dared stand up for themselves and didn't just stand there for her to walk all over them.

At the end of the day, mother is still throwing Daddy and the choices he had to make *almost 50 years ago* back in the face of his children - the same children she alienated from him for so long. She's run completely out of new material with her relentless removal from our lives.

For all that she's still degrading him all these years later, it just makes me miss and appreciate him more. What a hell that must have been, trying to live and share a life with that woman. Daddy didn't have a prayer -  she laughed, said he deserved what he got and she was glad he died alone when we lost him to cancer 22 years ago.

It's a wonder I stuck around at all, all these years. The damage I've done to myself and allowed her to do to me ... How pathetic is *that*.
"Expectations are disappointments under construction.  ~ Cap'n Spanky

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

moglow

• Retired Administrator
  • >^..^<
Re: From the "no good deed goes unpunished" files
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 12:18:17 AM »
A week out and not a peep from her. Really pretty sad when you think about it - she dropped that anvil and dipped out. Who can blame her really, it was never going to end well and this way she can blame me for not calling.
"Expectations are disappointments under construction.  ~ Cap'n Spanky

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!