Any credence to the idea of demons/ spiritual possession of PDs?

• 5 Replies

babbit

I know that this is a really, really controversial topic and to let you know I'm not trolling or trying to offend or take
away PDs responsibility of their sometimes horrific behaviour.

As a newly found Christian I am curious what others take on this is or whether you think it preposterous?

***possible triggers

I read of something that I have myself experienced. Sometimes when PDs abuse someone their faces change.
I have seen this happen when you literally see them in a way you've never seen before. When people
take sadistic pleasure in others' suffering is where I have seen it.

I have also read that some people derive sexual excitement from others discomfort.

I am sorry to bring up such a horrible subject but I am looking for some peace/ closure over some things that have happened to me.

"If Iím driving there today and I really am this afraid,
God is love and love will never fail me."

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."

LightOrb

Re: Any credence to the idea of demons/ spiritual possession of PDs?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »
I am not Christian or anything similar, but this question is very, very similar to the question if they are really mentally ill. It is the same thing at the end, something that 'controls' them and abuses us. I wondered about it for a very, very long time. It is easier to believe they don't have control over it. It lessens the pain. However, I had my answer when I realized I was the only one abused like I was. Evil or complete mental illness would not be able to distinguish the victim, and they were. None of the 3 PD in my life has never abused anybody superior to them. So I concluded it is not an illness in the sense my endometriosis is my physical companion, that I can't predict or control.

gary

• http://www.gawalters.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:41:08 PM »
Hi babbit and LightOrb

I have had experience with both. People with a personality disorder ( mainly BPD ) and ones that I can only guess as evil in my natural day to day life..as a crime scene investigator and deep into the Peruvian Amazon.

I have sat across the table of life with my once BPD girlfriend and across the table interviewing a sociopath as an investigator and mingled with people practicing what is determined as evil practices.

I think personality disorders have zero to do with evil. That there are those free of a PD that can be evil and visa versa. That pure evil is more stealth and less obvious that they are.

I also believe that many of us would rather think of our PDs as having a touch of evil because then that's easier to explain and relieve any of an "us" factor in the mix.

Having been away from these boards for some time I think the most important question is not directed toward them regarless if they are inflicted with a PD or Evil but what do "we" do when we discover that they may be..... ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:43:33 PM by gary »
" A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings.

Believe in yourself ".

Josh S hipp

www.gawalters.com
http://gawalters.com/blog/

black1762

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »
I know that this is a really, really controversial topic and to let you know I'm not trolling or trying to offend or take
away PDs responsibility of their sometimes horrific behaviour.

As a newly found Christian I am curious what others take on this is or whether you think it preposterous?

***possible triggers

My previous partner was wonderful for four years.She then said randomly one day that she felt she was being possessed.I laughed and idnt think anyhting of it...bu that when the whole narcissist behaviour became evident and she literally changed overnight.
Ive had my share my wife whos divorcing me said she lost her imagination..it just happened and she had what she described as rushing in her head.So I think theres quite a few other things goin on

I read of something that I have myself experienced. Sometimes when PDs abuse someone their faces change.
I have seen this happen when you literally see them in a way you've never seen before. When people
take sadistic pleasure in others' suffering is where I have seen it.

I have also read that some people derive sexual excitement from others discomfort.

I am sorry to bring up such a horrible subject but I am looking for some peace/ closure over some things that have happened to me.

Adria

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
Here is another interesting take from a Chinese doctor I have been going to.  I wrote a book about my Narc father and how awful it is to have him as a father.  I have also taken my son to him for treatment of schizophrenia.  This Chinese doctor read my book and said the mental issues of my father and son have everything to do with the liver being sick.  Unfortunately, through no fault of our own, no alcoholism in the family, we have bad livers. It's in our DNA.  I was diagnosed with a giant tumor on my liver and noticed I was becoming unable to tolerate even the smallest things for awhile and friends were asking me what's wrong. 

The Chinese doctor has been treating me for three years on my liver, and my daughter says, "Mom, you are so much happier and more peaceful and fun to be around than I can remember.  I now feel better than I've ever felt in my whole life.

The Chinese doctor told me to write another book when I'm totally healed, and I will see my family from a completely different perspective. That it isn't their fault, it is truly an illness stemming from their liver.  That has been a hard one for me to swallow as they have treated me so terribly, but as I see my own self feeling better physically and emotionally from his treatments, it makes me wonder.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
Second post:

Greetings my friend,

Thank you for posting this question, as it is one that i have asked countless times as i watched over the last 11 years the Narc rages flare up from out of no-where and reach Incomprehensible extremes.

And too many times i asked that question after seeing the enraged evil torent of abusive words leave me with an unbearable emotional pain. i would also ask the question, how could a "normal" person's spirit have so much power?

And again i would always ponder your question of demon possession in the PD, when the Malignant Narcissistic abuser created an elaborate and detailed senarios of so called "truh", through the claims of revelation and the highest wisdom.  Their Imaginative Scenarios where designed to humiliate, shame, humble, and torment with phycological and emotional abuse the one focused on.  When these unfathomable situations got created with such complexities, i could never grasp how this was naturaly possible by any "normal" mind.

And there is the most important part of the answer.  The PD's mind is not "normal" - thats why its called a disorder.  So no-wonder their behavior is seemingly so "paranormal"; yet, it is not possible for us to conclude with overgeneralization that all of these countless types of evil events done by countless PD's, "are", or "are not", done as a result of spiritual possession or "definable" spiritual influences.

And here is where the BIG danger lies in this question, it is by those claiming to have a dogmatic answer to it.  For countless individuals throughout the ages, have used such sensitive topics with this intangible/unprovable element to manipulate entire populations for centuries.  And i say that from the perspective that the Torah, Tanach, the Gospel of John, and the Book of Revelation are the foundational source of Truth for us to draw understanding from.

In short, at this stage of my recovery it would be very hard for me to handle being in front of a person claiming spiritual authority try to tell me they have the understanding of how to answer that question.  ALL of us will be judged one day by our actions and the PD's are writting their history just like the non PD's, and just like those of us seriously and deeply hurt by PD's and Spiritual Abuse in general. 

This is all i can offer right now on this topic to encourage you to continue your healing in looking to the instrictions of the All Mighty.  For when we look toward the complexities behind all the cause of evil and its very hurtful affects that remain in us, it becomes a very horrible and dangerous swamp, that can not be underestimated. 

Thank you again for sharing this question and to everyone here for letting a fellow suffer find a place to open his mouth and heart knowing that there is great experience and many eyes watching to help and protect so that we can all move forward.