Road rage and npd

• 4 Replies

Writingthepain

Road rage and npd
« on: May 27, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
I've noticed in the past year's that my npd mother has got more and more brazen about road rage, shouting at other drivers, stopping the car and rolling down the window to shout at them, even stopping the car and getting out to stomp over and shout at them!
I've told her time after time that one day someone's going to punch her lights out or get a crowbar out of the backseat... but she wont listen and insists that she's in the right in every situation and has the right therefore to rage ans shout at the other driver.
Has anyone else experienced this with their relatives? How do I get through to her before someone beats her up?

Sun

Re: Road rage and npd
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »
Personally, I'd leave her to it. But i would not travel with her. Sounds like a nightmare!

Lillith65

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »
Road rage is very common amongst rageaholic NPDs - depending on who is in the car with them  ;)

I would either avoid being in the car or completely ignore their behaviour.

You cannot change her behaviour and you are not responsible for it either - only your own.
You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm - anonymous.

Part of my story: https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=54885.msg488293#msg488293
https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=54892.msg488385#msg488385

NC uPDM; NC uBPDSis

slugsandsnails

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 03:43:55 PM »
My possible NPD step-dad is a very aggressive driver, always shouting at other drivers and getting wound up. It's very stressful being in the car with him. I've not known him actually get out of the car to have a go at another driver though, Fairly recently, my possible PD Mum was also really fed-up with step-dad's aggression behind the wheel and tried to call him out on it (I wasn't with them). He got really angry with her, dumped her by the side of the road and then drove off like a "bat out of hell". Mum was very near my house, so she came to mine for a bit - I think she was quite shaken. She said step-dad had reacted like an angry, scolded child. And it didn't do any good - he's still an extremely angry driver!
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly for you tread on my dreams.
~ W. B. Yeats

Writingthepain

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 06:30:29 PM »
Thanks peeps, it seems the only lesson she will ever learn is when that involves a fist! And when that does happen I will not be leaping to her defense.... I've told her this too