...oh joy...

Started by D.Dan, July 17, 2018, 09:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

openskyblue

Thanks so much for explaining! It sounds like you have a good system for processing — and have done a great job of extricating yourself from the caretaker role with your FOO.

Couldn't help thinking of Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin, when you were describing how you remember things and see things. That woman changed my life! I've read all her books and seen her speak a couple times. I've got a toe on the spectrum and my kid has his own sensory visual/auditory differences (some bordering on superpowers). It makes sense to me how you take in, vent, file, process. And I really understand those trees.

D.Dan

Openskyblue, I wanna check that book out now!  :) Thanks for understanding, sometimes it takes awhile for me to figure out how to describes my inner workings to others without confusing them. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on the spectrum as well.

Next...
I went to take out the trash this morning, and passing through my backyard, I spot.... a brand new bike (no wheels) lying in my kids Fort! I also spotted a pile of leaves and grass in the middle of my yard too.

So, uPD bro1 did yard work (well half the work...) I never asked him to do, to obligate me to allow his bike (extra bike!) to be stored in my yard without my consent. Again...

I sent him a text msg, reminding him of last summer when he dumped our nephew's bike in my yard! Didn't bother touching the yard work topic, and told him to remove it ASAP because it is too dangerous to remain here for my kids!

And it JUST got warm enough for my kids to comfortably play in the backyard too!  >:(

openskyblue

Just my 2 cents here, but I'd be furious if someone left anything in my backyard that they had been told was not safe for my kids. And seriously, putting random things in the environment of autistic kids, well that's beyond insensitive.

To my mind, you would have been well in your rights to simply put the bike on the street -- no notice to your brother.

D.Dan

My uPD bro1 collected his stuff with no violence... Very good.

This morning however, I wake up to some random stuff that wasn't in my yard yesterday. (I can tell its stuff my bro1 would store in my yard) So I take a look around to see what all is in my yard NOW.... and I find a huge pile of diarrhea in a space where my autistic kids LOVE to play!  :aaauuugh:

I don't know how to feel about having to clean up my brother's literal sh*t from my kids play area! Because they will play with that TOO!

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone again...

1) I understand the whole "when you gotta go, you gotta go"
2) but seriously?! In my yard?! Right where my kids play?!

Oh boy...  :wacko:

openskyblue

Sh**ting in someone's home in area other than a bathroom is an aggressive act -- and a pretty weird one at that. Your brother sounds like he must be pretty disordered--and part of that is a need to leave parts of himself (his belongings, his bodily fluids) in your home. The latest isn't just an urgency issue, it's a health hazard.

Have you ever considered getting a restraining order against him?

WomanInterrupted

If your word alone about his diarrhea debacle isn't enough for a restraining order, I'd invest in a video surveillance system, so you can catch him in the act.   :ninja:

I don't think the police will have a problem issuing you a restraining order once they see him, on film, shitting in your yard - or throwing his property into it, or any other trespassy things.   :yes:

Yes, shitting in somebody's yard is *extremely* aggressive, and shows utter contempt for you and yours.   :aaauuugh:

And yes, it is a health hazard.  I don't even know how you'd clean that up, especially if your kids are prone to eating dirt.  Put a covered sandbox over the top of it, perhaps?   :)

The cover keeps the sand from getting wet, when it rains or snows, and prevents cats and uncivilized human adults from using it a waste receptacle.

File this under What Not To Do - but wouldn't a small part of you love to shovel it all into a box, and mail it to him with the note, "You left this behind.  I thought you might miss it."   :evil2:

Sometimes you just have to laugh, when people are that crazy.  8-)

:hug: