Ground hog day

• 2 Replies

newday

Ground hog day
« on: July 25, 2018, 05:27:50 PM »
It's been a long time since I've posted because I had honestly thought I had finally found some peace.  Our divorce was finalized last fall and the kids were adjusting.  Then bam - the month npdH was supposed to start paying child support he files a motion to modify custody asking for full legal and physical custody (I currently have slightly more than 50% after 3 years of litigation, GAL's and custody evaluators).  He makes over 500K a year and has endless resources to throw at legal fees --  but is furious he has to pay 900 bucks a month in child support.  We are back at square one with custody.  We have a new GAL (who seems great) but now he's pushing for psych evals, etc...  I fear he's never going to give up and will fight until I'm completely out of money.  He promises my kids the world which I can't financially compete with.  I worry they will be swayed by his bribes (kids are 12 and 14).  I'm so frustrated with the "system" and am worried he will use his money and resources to drain me of what little I have left.  I'm not really looking for advice, but a place to vent and for some prayers.  I wish you all peace :)

turtlemama

Re: Ground hog day
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Hi Newday,

What is he claiming as his basis to fight for this custody? Supposedly in my state, there needs to be a change of circumstances and it needs to be in the childís best interest to be able to go back to court to have custody adjusted.

I always told myself worst case scenario would be exUNPD would get 50/50 and joint legal... Iím surprised the court would even allow this when your divorce was so recently finalized. 

Iím sorry you have to go through this... but I can relate, I feel like this drama will never end.  My exUNPD has a attorney girlfriend (and mother of his child) and has threatened to come after me until they get full custody of DS.. but Iím hoping with my PO for 3 more years I have a buffer until then...

Liftedfog

Re: Ground hog day
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »
Unbelievable!  I'm so angry for you.   The legal fees he is making you burn when you need every penny to support yourself. He is a bully.  Stay strong and don't worry the what ifs.   Kids will see through his mask. Stay as you are and stay the course.  I know it's effen hard.  I'm right there two with expdh dragging out the process when I have already burned through 120,000 of debt.  That is just me.  He has spent just as much. We lost our home and the lawyers are getting rich from our family breakdown. I'm so pissed right now for you and me!