Question for Mods?

• 4 Replies

Kiki81

Question for Mods?
« on: August 16, 2018, 02:16:08 AM »
Hi: I was wondering about the 4-step verification that comes attached to starting a new topic or replying in a thread.

I'm not that great at deciphering the "letters shown in the picture," it can take me multiple tries.

Will the verification process happen with every posting?

Thanks! Kiki

coyote

Re: Question for Mods?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »
I have a problem deciphering these things also. As far as I know it should not be needed with every post. Please let us know if I am incorrect.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 06:42:45 PM »
the feature is to protect the forum from spammers and will be present for your first several posts/ replies to other posts.  there is an option you can select to hear the letters.

greenwood

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 10:25:51 AM »
I'm also new to the forum and have trouble with the letters. I tried listening to them but v t d c and p sound a lot alike. 

Thanks

I didn't Cause it, can't Cure it, and can't Control it. My stuff is my stuff, and your stuff is your stuff.

Abuse amnesiac :-(

HP, grant me the serenity to accept what I can't change, courage to change what I can & need to change, and wisdom to know the difference.

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 11:27:27 AM »
i can assure you both it's a temporary measure.  once you are posting on the regular you will not have to answer the security features.  when i tested it, i blew up my screen resolution which helped.