Back after a while NC question

Started by mrstring, September 19, 2018, 09:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrstring

Quote from: openskyblue on April 18, 2019, 10:47:27 AM
Be careful with where you put your sympathy.  Giving sympathy to someone who is manipulative and has no interest in doing right by you is a dangerous door to open.

Your ex is an adult and she makes the choices she has to live with -- just like you or I do. Her life looks the way it does because of her choices.

I agree, but my ties are cut now, aside from gifting her the car my obligations are done. Long after they should have been. As to why I gifted her the car instead of just taking it? I guess I am not 100% sure, maybe one day I'll figure it out. In the meantime. I am done.

mrstring

Quote from: sad_dog_mommy on April 18, 2019, 11:07:32 AM
Quote from: mrstring on April 18, 2019, 10:31:10 AM
I am so glad I am away but can't help to feel very sad for her.

Of course you feel sad for her!  No one would wish manic behavior and drug addiction on another person.  Speaking for my own co-dependent issues feeling sorry for my exBF was one of the things that kept me tethered to him. [trauma bond]  Now that things have shifted in my head I feel sorry for his children instead.  They do not have a father they can count on for support or friendship.

You are a good egg Mr String.

Uh oh, the dreaded Page 5!

I do also feel sad for her kids. I am sure it's tough to see their mom like that. Thank you for the compliment. :)