Receiving and believing I am enough

Started by Sojourner17, April 23, 2019, 10:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sojourner17

I'm working through a womanhood video series starting today. The first video is on learning how to recieve and ask for what I need. The homework is to call two friends and ask to talk to them about something/anything. You wouldn't believe how difficult this task actually is! It made me realize that I'm scared to open up and talk about things that matter to me. Scared of being judged, mean comments, them not understanding me, feeling judged by me, that I'm not enough, what I like or find interesting is not important.
I'm making these calls this week and it's a scary undertaking!
There is a really deep topic I want to talk to them about. And have wanted to for a while but it's too scary. I'm going to talk to them about the booklist I get for the boys every month instead. I'm excited about the list and the books plus it's a light fun topic to ease in on.
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it..." - Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

coyote

I like the idea of starting with something light and working your way up. Someone smarter than me said something like it's not how fast we go on the journey, it's how consistent we continue on the journey. Good for you.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been. -Marcus Aurelius