Paranormal behavior of N mother - could it be that Ns are possessed by a demon?

Started by SeaSalt, October 12, 2018, 12:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countrygirl

I read this thread with great interest.  Once, when my mother was first heading toward old age, I was sitting alone with her in the den.  All of a sudden, she turned and faced me, and her eyes-- which were an unusual shade, almost yellow-- were blazing and she was smirking at me.  I had the feeling that she wanted me to know that she was completely aware of all of her abuse over the years and that she had enjoyed it and now enjoyed knowing what it had done to me.  I realize that I have no way of knowing what she was thinking, but that's how it seemed to me.  And, then, for the first time, I wondered if she was possessed.  At the very least, it made me realize why there were Biblical stories of possession and demons being cast out.  Perhaps the people in those stories were mentally ill, but we can't know for sure.

Mary

My take is that perhaps people get "pestered" by an evil spirit. King Saul in the Bible was "troubled" by an evil Spirit (I Samuel 16:14-16). Harp music helped him become well & refreshed, and the evil spirit left him.

Possibly some of the lower levels of development on the Enneagram Scale involve demonic influence.

But I agree with the statements that we should not generalize this to all cases. Some problems are strictly health-related. It's  hard to tell, especially for those of us who are not mental health professionals.

Mary

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-1
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)

SomethingElse

Well, I believe so. Yes. Lots of people have talked about past family members being "possessed".
I think you can just ask the spirit to leave. There are other non invasive simple methods I've heard. Lots of places teach removal methods, etc..
I've heard that like maybe a percentage of people who are narcisissts might even be "posessed", however I dont know the details of those statistics.

1footouttadefog

As a Christian, I have to believe Jesus when he spoke of demons and possession.

I don't think the Creator of the universe spoke incorrectly or out of ignorance when He while incarnate as a human referred to demons.

On the other hand demonic aspects of a personality can be due to choice or invitation.  There does not always have to be possession involved.

Additionally people with psychiatric disorders can have varying levels of "choice" in how much evil they participate in.

I think it best to pray and dicern on a case by case basis.  And in all cases, whether demons are involved or medical issues leave the "cure" and "change" part of it all in God's  hanfs.

Murphy83

I believe my ex and ex in-laws are evil and minions of Satan. I didn't read every post but I would be able to post very similar situations. My daughter and I both saw black, demonic figures;  they would know things that had never been told to them; and one time, an Aunt seemed possessed with those wild eyes. Also, they were all agreeable if I said God had led me to do something. They would not disputed it or argue it. It's very unsettling to think they are being led by Satan but I am sure that is what's happening. I pray a hedge of protection for me and my daughter every day.

AschenP

Thank you for this thread.  Everyone's contributions have been extremely interesting. 

I agree with the quote below and have some thoughts to add.

Quote from: 1footouttadefog on April 22, 2019, 02:25:37 PM
On the other hand demonic aspects of a personality can be due to choice or invitation.  There does not always have to be possession involved.

When I think about the flip side of "possession," I think about being led by guardian angels / spirit guides as well as getting visions from or "channeling" spiritual masters.  In order to access these higher realms of light, one has to psychologically clear the mind (e.g. through prayer / meditation) and experience love through then opening of the heart.  Perhaps the same/opposite process happens on the dark side.  In other words, my best guess is that people who have psychologically ill minds and live out of hate, invite in dark or demonic forces.  These dark forces can then guide the behavior of the person who is not of sound mind (kind of like a demonic "guardian angel").  Further, it stands to reason if people really can channel spiritual masters like Jesus... who's to say that demonic masters cannot be temporarily channeled as well?  Perhaps it is precisely because someone is mentally ill that demonic forces can sometimes potentially take advantage?

Danden

This thread is very interesting.  It is definitely possible to know things without someone telling you, I have had that experience in an everyday occurrence.  I was in my 20s and seeing a therapist who was also a young woman, probably in  her late 20s.  One day I went to see her and I had the thought that she was pregnant.  Somehow I knew this without anyone saying so.  A few weeks later she confirmed that she was because it meant her work hours would be changing and I would have to adjust my appointment times in a few months or find another therapist.  So I think this type of paranormal communication can be real, it is not  just in our heads, although I think it is very important to keep it in proper perspective, lest we be carried away by it.   

Regarding the relationship to mental illness, I have had the thought about myself.  I suffer from anxiety and depression and in my most deeply introspective moments, I have had the thought that the manifestation of this state of mind is due to evil spirits that have cast a cloud over my life.  In a way, it is the evil "cloud" from others that has transferred to me.  So I am working on that in my prayer life.