Energy vampires, the "evil eye" and protective crystals

• 2 Replies

North Node

Energy vampires, the "evil eye" and protective crystals
« on: October 31, 2018, 02:10:48 AM »
I am a skeptic. I believe in the scientific method, scientific materialism, and evidence.

However: I came across an old thread (The "Evil Eye" And Narcissism, 2014/2015) that resonated with me. I was relieved that I'm not the only one who is simultaneously 1) concerned about being accused of magical thinking and 2) absolutely certain about the things I have experienced.

My positivity, my optimism, my compassion, my patience, my light: all drained. The drama and conflict and gaslighting, it sucked so much good from me, I honestly just wanted to not exist anymore (not exactly the same thing as suicidal ideation, but along those lines).

I questioned whether the darkness from my PDex's childhood could feed the darkness in his own adulthood. Did the patterns of anger and power feed more anger and power? Just as light is reflected and refracted, can darkness be as well?

My culture does not include the traditions of warding off the evil eye or malocchio. We are however, prone to positioning large amethysts at our doors to protect us from negative energy. Wearing them prevents us from picking up the negativity that we are likely to encounter, wandering around amongst other humans (who may very well exist within, or be composed of an energetic/magnetic field).

Even if the talisman does not have any power in and of itself, it certainly plays the role as a reminder to us: every time we glance down upon a ring, we remind ourselves of why we are using it. An inanimate object allows us to consciously cultivate an intention of self-protection. Perhaps the stone DOES possess those protective properties, wouldn't that be a cool bonus?

Tessalonia

Re: Energy vampires, the "evil eye" and protective crystals
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »
I have to get an amethyst. I believe in possibilities and can definitely use all the help and hope that I can get.  I could also use a stone that gives courage and positivity.  I totally feel like I could express how I feel right now in your post.  Completely sucked dry of...well even my sense of self. And not suicidal but like I just want to wish myself out of existence. It's a horrible feeling and I wish I could make it stop for everyone that ever feels that way.
 :bighug: I am definitely going to get an amethyst and would love to know more about other stones.  I wish you protection and hope.

Latchkey

• Administrator
Re: Energy vampires, the "evil eye" and protective crystals
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 01:13:58 AM »
I am a skeptic. I believe in the scientific method, scientific materialism, and evidence.

However: I came across an old thread (The "Evil Eye" And Narcissism, 2014/2015) that resonated with me. I was relieved that I'm not the only one who is simultaneously 1) concerned about being accused of magical thinking and 2) absolutely certain about the things I have experienced.

Hi North Node,

I remembered this thread and actually was a poster in it  :wave:
(for reference http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=33227.msg416048#msg416048)

I do believe that the energies we encounter are just one aspect of our relationships. It is the hardest to define and harder still to try to defend ourselves from something invisible.

My best protection has been avoidance if possible. I still find myself running my hand down my DS7's back or in front and same for myself when either of us has been dealing with a difficult situation or when just feeling over stressed and if the energy from another person is still affecting my thoughts. It really works sometimes and was something I learned as part of warding off the evil eye years ago. You would take an egg or something else to contain the energy and then crack it away from the child or person.

I don't know if it would hold up to scientific evaluation but it's something that puts my mind at ease.

If something like using an amethyst resonates then it can't hurt in your process of protection and healing and recovery.

The other day I put on a ring that had been my grandmothers, onyx with a tiny diamond in silver. I felt an immediate comfort. I think jewelry because it has gems and metal is a great conductor of energy and can transmit these feelings. OTOH if you're wearing jewelry that has had bad energy attached then I think it can be felt as well. It's why I am really careful when buying jewelry from garage sales or antique stores.

There really is so much more going on than we know... at least that is what I believe.  :ninja:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:22:02 AM by Latchkey »
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.