Father's rights groups that help with legal representation?

  • 1 Replies


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • 315
Father's rights groups that help with legal representation?
« on: November 06, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
hey everyone.. I am not a non-PD Dad but a non-PD stepmom who is dating a non-PD dad. I hope its okay that i post here as i have an account and he doesnt. my boyfriend has a son with a very severely dysfunctional woman who exhibits both NPD and BPD traits. she is a chronic alienator and is very psychologically abusive tot her son. My boyfriend has spent over 60,000 dollars in court against her but has not had the best luck with legal representation as they either only care about getting paid and dont bother to learn about the case, or really arent familiar with narc mom pathology and parental alientation. we have been witnessing some signs of neglect and emotional abuse when he comes to our house and in the last few months has been showing tremendous distress when it is time to return to his mothers house with long anguished crying fits (he never cries otherwise and tends to be more stoic in his personality). it is so hard for us to witness and we are heartbroken as we basically have no money left to apply toward this case. the judge would not order an AFC and this child has zero voice in this court system. has anyone had any success with father's rights groups or groups against parental alienation assisting legally and financially with their case?



  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • 1300
Re: Father's rights groups that help with legal representation?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »
A lot of courts unfortunately do not understand PAS. Our lawyer told us to not bring any of it up and just focus on how BM's behavior and instability negatively affects SD. Out of court, try your best to model good and acceptable behavior.  It's a long road with no quick fix. You'll be dealing with xPDmom constantly. I am also a step-mom where BM has uNPD/uBPD traits. The best advice is to log everything. Get conversations in writing, so try to communicate via text/email. Keep conversations short, conveying facts only. If BM starts threatening you and using bad language, stop the conversation. Unless the visitation/custody agreement is change, you have to follow it. If there's any abuse you can prove, you can try calling CPS but you need hard evidence. Emotional abuse is hard to prove. You can always advocate for a Therapist/counselor for the kids. That way they have a third party to talk to about everything.