Batsh#t 21...."I have changed so much"....

Started by bruceli, December 01, 2018, 01:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Dan

Yesterday...

uPDmom: why did all you kids pick abusive spouses?!

Me: ........

uPDmom: I mean, I want to know why you, your sis, and your youngest bro thought these people were so great only to get abused by them!

Me: .... I don't think you want the answer to that...

uPDmom: I want to know WHY! I taught you kids better than that!

Me: ...I don't know what to tell you. :whistling: ...

Wow.... I wasn't expecting that.

Fae Greenwood

uNPDh suddenly - "Are you going to water them or just let them die?"
Interpretation - "Fae, I noticed you bought some plants for Autumn color outside by the front door. They look great! I saw that they don't have plastic saucers for catching drainage. Should I pick some up for you?"
The interpretation took about five minutes of gently asking for more information. The answer is no saucers as he waters plants literally to death or, as I told him, "feel free to measure them and pick up some saucers" knowing that if I sound positive about it he won't do it. I planned to toss them in early December anyway. And yes, I am watering them as needed.
He once watered A DEAD PLANT FOR TWO YEARS because it would "come back."  It died because it was an annual color plant that he neglected for two weeks in high heat but would have died in a few weeks anyway. I choose to laugh when I can.
I have to remind myself constantly that I am responsible for my choices but not the choices of anyone else.

When we have a child, we give a hostage to fortune and to the other parent.

I may not respond as I have to sneak onto this site and more than a quick view is challenging.

D.Dan

I believe my uPDmom is currently still dating my youngest brothers dad, but she claims they've broken up he just hasn't accepted it yet. (She hasn't told him)

A few days ago....

uPDmom: you know, I'm more scared of my ex than you are of yours! Nothing against you, I'm just saying!

Me: .... ??? :???: ??? ....

uPDmom: it's because my ex has a friend, whose sister works for the government! He can get her to spy on me or mess with my social assistance whenever he wants!

Me:  :roll: .... yeah kay whatever.... 

uPDmom: NO REALLY!! She's the reason you've been getting more money recently! (It was actually because my ex started paying child support) He could destroy my life!

Me: .... Uh huh..... (Starts getting busy with chores to escape this nonsense, which works)

This is her minimizing my situation and catastrophisizing hers. I was literally afraid my ex was going to kill us while we slept, just before I fled to the shelter.

The friend's sister? Just a secretary at her work. It's not even the government.... Yeesh....  :roll:

_apparentlywicked

Pd: 'WHY HAVEN'T YOU POLISHED YOUR BOOTS.  YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE ME ANGRY!!!'

I'm nearly fifty.  He was furious that my leather boots weren't shiny.

Whiteheron

PD (in a letter from his L to mine): whiteheron continues to sign the kids up for activities without my knowledge or consent. I am paying for these activities without having any say! I would allow the kids to do these activities if only whiteheron would ask me about them first!

Me: looking at the receipt and charge on my credit card statement for kids' activities (stbx has paid for nothing).

Me: looking at text thread where stbx gave the  :like: to said activities (which all occur on my time).

SMH.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

xredshoesx

this topic has been locked for length-

if you want to start a continuation thread, here's a hot link if you want to use it.

https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=77446.80;last_msg=719992

xxredshoesxx