I googled 'why doesn't God hear me anymore'

• 2 Replies

samirose

I googled 'why doesn't God hear me anymore'
« on: December 28, 2018, 07:46:35 AM »
In the middle of the night I woke up. It had been a difficult day. My mother had hurt me again like shes done for years and years. I prayed at 2 am. I prayed that God would hear me and give me an answer. I'm afraid he hates me, because I feel such dislike for my mother. I tell him how shes hurting me and I say that I don't think he wants it that way, for her to hurt me or show favoritism to my brothers, but I don't hear him anymore. I fell asleep praying.

First in the middle of the night,  I googled 'why doesn't God hear me anymore'   I grew to tired to read much but will begin again today.

I told God that I have a good heart. I am a good mother, grand mother. I search for things to feel good about myself.

I wish we could switch off our brains. Maybe God hears. Am I going about it wrong............

Adria

Re: I googled 'why doesn't God hear me anymore'
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »
Oh, Samirose,

No, you are not going about it wrong. I read in your post that you are a grandmother. So am I. I've been going through this most of my life. I have found that with God, there have been seasons of stillness and seasons of closeness. I don't know if it's Him or me, but I don't know how I would have gotten through without Him.  Please don't give up on God as I'm sure there are reasons for what we are going through that give Him the glory in the end. He says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  I do believe sometimes, we are left on our own a little bit so we learn and grow, and carry out the plans He has for us even though it seems a long time coming.

I've been reading a book called "Uninvited".  The author talks about how she has felt alone and lonely most of her life. Her family didn't want her, when she would go to parties, they would forget to set a place for her, etc.  She felt so disconnected and never understood why. One day, she heard God speak to her and say, "You are not set aside. I set you apart." That line in the book brought me to tears. 

God holds are tears and He is there listening to every prayer.  I understand what you are going through, and I will lift you up in prayer as well. Hugs, Adria

samirose

Re: I googled 'why doesn't God hear me anymore'
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
Adria, Thank You! Your post is just what I needed. You gave me hope. I will never give up on God. I know all humans go through these dry times. I agree that he is trying to help us grow. I often read about people who have heard from God and the quote from the book you mentioned gave me chills!

Maybe some of us are set apart. I hope so. I think I will order that book. Feeling alone in families is tough. I'm so different than they are. My brothers aren't mean to me, they just don't understand the mother issues. My brother who died did understand. I feel lost without him

I'm going to read study and always pray even in the dark days

Thank you so much :bighug: