A christian view of PD

• 3 Replies

Julian R

A christian view of PD
« on: January 03, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »
HI

I found this article on the web.  I have read it briefly, there is much to digest and I will re-red and think about things but it seems very thoughtful and compassionate.

I post it here as it might help others and might produce fruitful discussion.

It does focus on approach to and care of Christians with PD and maybe neglects the whole question of care of victims or carers of those with PD - but to be fair that is perhaps outside the remit of the paper.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/still-saints?utm_campaign=Daily%20Email&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=68701759&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_WfZiqhKKd-WkQCrZbuk7x4WWoZQJLY9YBX1UZhsdUR0wWMykY9tszEDchUwGR4mXIgTYsFvXBFTcQ9EWQitDfK9gQDw&_hsmi=68701759

all4peace

• Global Moderator
Re: A christian view of PD
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:26:03 AM »
Thank you for sharing this. I'm reading it and will try to digest it. I'd love to be part of a conversation about it here.

Adria

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »
I read this article. It is interesting, but the author seems to blame the parents for a lot of the disorders. This would nullify the three "C's". We, as parents, seem to carry a heavy burden of what we did wrong to account for the ill behavior of our children. But, in fact, a lot of times it is an imbalance of some sort in the system, be it hormones, adrenaline, or some other kind of bad wiring that started in the DNA generations ago. It is a very complex subject and this article holds many valid points, but it seems maybe to be only a piece of the puzzle.

Mary

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 04:54:09 AM »
I like the part that advises church members to maintain a space of patience with the PD's behaviors,  rather than becoming offended. Reminds me if the verse, "charity covers a multitude of sins ".
Mary
For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)