Hello

Started by Aussie, February 03, 2019, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie

I have learned that my ex mother in law was a full blown sociopath and that she was intent on destroying me during the entire time I was married to her daughter.  During those twenty years, I almost lost track of who, and how, I was. Now I am doing EMDR therapy and trying to put the pieces back together. I'd like to turn the clock back twenty years and avoid what happened but I can't.

Hopefully, talking with people and hearing their stories will help.

Cheers!

Summer Sun

Welcome to Out of the FOG, Aussie.  I am sorry for all you've enduring with your m-I-l, but so glad to hear you are in therapy and putting the pieces back together.  We get that here at Out of the FOG.

Reading the traits, behaviors and toolbox is so helpful in deepening our understanding of the Pd's in our lives as well as invalidating our experience.  The what to do, what not to do is also instrumental in navigating through the relationships. 

Peruse the forums, take a deep breath, know you are not alone.  See you on The boards!

Summer Sun
"The opposite of Love is not Hate, it's Indifference" - Elie Wiesel

coyote

Welcome Aussie,
The past is the past. What we can do is enjoy the moment and move forward in the future. Life is good and the further you go on your journey the better it gets. I've heard of the EMDR therapy. Supposed to be really good for past trauma issues. I hope it is working well for you.

You have found a good place where people understand and do not judge. I'm sorry you need us but glad you found us.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been. -Marcus Aurelius