Stumbled on Out of the FOG and looking for answers

Started by musttryharder, January 23, 2019, 05:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musttryharder

Hi everyone. It's unfortunate that we meet this way but hopefully some good can come from places like this. I've been married for over a decade but have noticed strong signs of abuse from my spouse over the last 15 months. Occasionally I remember events from the distant past that fit - even stories she's told from before I knew her. Ever single day for the last year, I've been considering whether I should leave and it's draining. I hit rock bottom about 10 months ago but somehow decided not to give up and I've been learning ever since. I'd like to write a longer post on the subject but will find a suitable section to use, rather than overdo it on my first post.

all4peace

musttryharder, welcome. I'm glad you found us but wish you didn't need to. It sounds like a long and tiring road. Please settle in, look around at the resources whose links are at the top of your page, and share more as you are able and willing. I hope you find help and peace!

Starboard Song

:yeahthat:

Adding my welcome. Check out the Toolbox, the 100 Traits, and topical boards that seem relevant to you.

There are folks here who understand.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

openskyblue

Welcome to Out of the FOG, Musttryharder!

I'm very sorry to read that you are going through this. Your post certainly spoke to me. I spent about the last five years of my marriage in that same place. Every part of my life was really pretty okay -- with the glaring exception of my exhusband and all the trouble he stirred up in my life and our family life.  It was a one-part realization, 3-parts pain period. I wish I'd come here much sooner.

Please feel free to post here or wherever and whenever you like.  You are not alone -- and many here are ready to listen.

musttryharder

Thank you! I just posted the full story, and will take some time to explore the other areas of the site.

need2bme

:wave:

Well, I wish I was welcoming you to a celebration committee or something, but sadly...this is a place for people who are hurting.  But I still want to welcome you!!!  I'm quite new here myself, but I can tell you one thing for sure...you will find support and understanding here unlike you ever imagined possible!!  So, although it isn't the greatest of circumstances that bring us here...it is a great place to be! 

The toolbox is amazing, so check that out.  It helps you feel not so 'crazy' sometimes.  I hope you find the answers and support you need, you have come to the right place!
In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. - Deepak Chopra

Scared is what you're feeling. Brave is what you're doing. - Emma Donoghue

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

musttryharder