Met my T today

Started by need2bme, January 24, 2019, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

need2bme

Just wanted to share with you all.  I had my appointment with mental health today and met my T.  I really connected with her quickly and really like her.  Although, I was talking all over the place (there is so much going on inside my head these days), she was attentive and understanding.  We set a few goals to achieve...one being, get me to begin to be able to say 'no'....as I'm a massive people-pleaser and probably couldn't say no, even if I knew it was gonna cost me my life.   :wacko:

Another thing we plan to work on is facing the negative voices in my head that continually make me doubt/fear.  I feel like it was a huge step for me today and just wanted to share with my Out of the FOG friends  :cheer:
In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. - Deepak Chopra

Scared is what you're feeling. Brave is what you're doing. - Emma Donoghue

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Yael924

Great news! I'm so glad to read you are taking healthy steps forward!

RavenLady

Yay! Congrats. Sounds super positive!   :applause:
sometimes in the open you look up
to see a whorl of clouds, dragging and furling
your whole invented history. You look up
from where you're standing, say
among the stolid mountains,
and in that moment your life
becomes the margin
of what matters
-- Terry Ehret

Starboard Song

I remember our first T meetings: all over the place, scattered, feeling baffled.

We quickly got our bearings, with an educated listener.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

symbasmommy

I am sure your therapist understands and we all have those kind of thoughts and feelings all over the place... It's hard to be steady in thoughts when you realize that you are a child that has been subjected to these difficult times.... So happy for you... Keep moving forward!  :applause: