Secret birthday presents???

Started by Call Me Cordelia, February 03, 2019, 05:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call Me Cordelia

Too funny not to share. So my DH was on the phone with his Nmom today. Our son's birthday is coming up. She was banned from sending presents at Christmas. So for his birthday she was going to mail gifts to DH's office, and asked DH to take photos of our son opening them all and send them to her without telling me anything!!! Like I wouldn't find out about a preschooler's presents.  :stars:

DH said no way was he going to go along with this. Her response was, "Well, if you don't want a relationship with me then fine!" And hung up on him.  :hoovering:

Do you think she finally gets it?   :applause: Sadly, I'm sure the answer is no. A little recap: we cut her out of my life and the kids' after she sent me five pages of classic narcissism to "open the conversation." I never responded, so she thinks she did everything she could and was so nice and I'm just being evil.

HotCocoa

My inlaws used to send Christmas presents to my ex at his work for himself and our children that he would have to load up and bring home. 
Literally NO ONE else in the company did this.
I used to tell him this is so weird and not normal.  I would ask him why they are so secretive?  Just send them to our house.
It's also totally inappropriate.
He never saw the light, and he was also let go from that job.
I'm glad your husband gets it!  :thumbup:
The smarter you become about narcissistic abuse, the crazier the narcissist will say you are.

Spirit in the sky

That's awful Call me Cordelia, I really dislike the whole 'don't tell' mindset.

We get the same thing ' It's that how you feel, we are finished..' Although there are usually a few F words in sentence.

Two minutes late she phones back, if we don't answer she texts.

I don't think they will EVER get it, which is soooooo frustrating!

bloomie

Call Me Cordelia - well handled by your DH!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Call Me Cordelia

I know, right??? He's grown a lot in the last couple of months. He didn't even consider calling her back!  :uhhuh:

Entj

Wow that's so inappropriate on so many levels!
Glad your husband had your back!  :waveline: :waveline: :waveline:

all4peace

Really nicely handled by your DH! What a relief!