An air of PD superiority

Started by Samuel S., February 06, 2019, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel S.

My PDw went through a lot of hardships, being physically and emotionally abused, suffering the loss of her D 7 1/2 to West Nile Virus 20 years ago, and followed by my PDw's divorce. She then met me, and I gave her hope and a soft shoulder to cry on a lot. Also, I encouraged her to get any kind of counseling that would help her overcome at least some of her grief.

Now that she has felt better, she has expressed her anger a lot against me which I have shared with you throughout the years, and I have never given her cause to do so. She has gone through the abuse stage with me, wearing me down, stressing me out and has caused me physical symptoms. I have tried to confront her on her S***, sometimes with limited success to no success.

Also, throughout the years, when we would do things together, she would have an air of superiority, saying that she was better than me and almost everyone else.

Now that she has gone from feeling inferior to feeling superior, she becomes reclusive in her studies, never even opening gifts that I have given her for special occasions.

My T has said to put up an emotional shield against her toxic talk. So, my time with her daily is rather limited, and we live separate lives. Still, due to her feeling superior again and again, she "double speaks". I try not to take it personally, but it's hard.