Flying Monkeys

Started by Unvitation to Drama, February 09, 2019, 12:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unvitation to Drama

GGGGAAAAHHHH!

I'm being inundated by flying monkeys with respect to the PD in-laws (uNFIL and uBPD MIL) we've been NC with for SIX YEARS.

Everyone can get in touch, but no one can actually tell me why they are calling, just that DH needs to CALL HIS PARENTS IMMEDIATELY to talk about NFIL. Lots in hinting that FIL is about to cash in his chips. uBPD MIL is notorious for Munchausen-like health crises.....I just got a phone call from Europe from someone I've never even spoken to....I swear to God, I'm going to change my number. I've stopped answering unknown numbers, but it's still annoying AF!

I don't understand why they don't just call DH?  :stars:

This is NOT my circus, and these are NOT my monkeys!!

bloomie

Unvitation to Drama - hard to take this onslaught and there is absolutely no reason that these folks cannot directly contact your DH or... be very clear about what the contact is all about. Sounds like you are taking firm steps to shut this down. :applause:
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Starboard Song

UTD,

You are right: it is not your circus. Now is a good time to reflect on this: there will be a day when this is real. They will die, one leaving the other behind, and then the other's time will come. And even then the calls may come indirectly through others. And even then -- while you can always choose another path -- it will not be your monkeys.

Be strong. Be good.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

qcdlvl

Quote from: Unvitation to Drama on February 09, 2019, 12:26:54 PM
I don't understand why they don't just call DH?  :stars:

I think because they know he can cope with being attacked himself, and they know he cares about you so they're trying to upset him by harrassing you. I've got no advice other than hanging up as soon as it's clear it's a FM (you don't owe courtesy to people who are harrassing you, so just hang up), or not answering calls from unfamiliar numbers, and blocking the number. Or changing your number.