Finally speaking out

Started by Georgiasmith, February 22, 2019, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgiasmith

I finally found my voice to speak out after counselling. My Mum is a narcissist and my brother her golden child, my dad passed away and since then my brother has isolated my mum from all the family. To cut a king story short after she was baiting me last night I finally spoke out about how my brother abused me as a child, she didn't say a word and looked at me as though I was evil. My brother was calm and calculated. He lied saying that I had approached him and sat on his knee and he had got aroused but it was my fault, my mother said nothing, I called him a liar and asked him to explain exactly what had happened when he dragged me in his bedroom. He denied it, I was really upset and set to leave he followed me out and smirked at me, I called him a liar again. But feel wrung out and upset that my 12 year old son heard this.. felt better after talking to NAPAC but couldn't believe their reaction after living with this secret for 35 years

notrightinthehead

Welcome! It is so painful when your truth is not validated and the people who abused you blame you for it. I am so sorry this happened to you. You might have expected some apology, or at least an acknowledgement of what happened but instead you ended up feeling small and upset.  You might never get the apology you deserve from your brother. Will you be able to heal in spite of that?
I can't hate my way into loving myself.