Just ended it.

Started by Scythe, February 24, 2019, 03:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe

We were planning to separate, but he just kept asking if I thought it was going to be temporary or permanent, whether I was just done, etc. etc. I'm sick of half truths and eggshells, and I also don't want to give him false hope, so I said I didn't see myself moving back in and that yeah, I'm basically done. I don't know what we're going to do about our house. Seeing him cry made me feel so much worse.

Spygirl

This is a hard time for both of you, its normal. I am wishing you strength and peace now. Perhaps space will allow some introspection at the least, and action in the best case on his side. As ridiculous as it seems, i have a tiny spot in my heart that hopes my ex will someday get help. I stopped holding my breath a long time ago however.

Please allow yourself time to rest, really.rest, decompress and consider what you will do next. I recommend getting referals for a lawyer to speak to right away so you can learn about the divorce process in your state.

aybabtu

Scythe, I also walked around on eggshells when and was very calculated with my words. I know this is a tough time, hang in there. Once I left, I promised myself that I would operate in a brutally honest fashion. I also sought out a counselor to help me through this process, it helps to have as many people you can in your "corner."

texascrazydaisy30

I am in similar situation. I am moving out on 5/1/19 because there was no reason to fight. Since we both own the home, I have a separation agreement drawn up online that you can file with your county clerk. Says we Both own the house, and that he will pay the mortgage, taxes, and all bills and once sold then we will split the profit 50/50
He hasn't signed because I know in his head that 5/1/19 is a long ways away {65 days} but he better get his head in the game because I am moving out

Scythe

My husband doesn't think he can afford all the bills and mortgage and everything just by himself, so he wants me to stay and help with the bills until we work something out or sell the house. He's terrified I'm going to just move out and leave him hanging, but my name is on this stuff, too, so I'm not letting my credit get ruined. I'm not making any promises to stay for X amount of months, either. If I feel my safety is threatened, I'm gone. It's just a miserable and uncomfortable situation all around.

texascrazydaisy30

For sure. We have been splitting bills since December. It has been helping him see what all the bills are {since he never asked before} and has more of a grasp on what he needs to do to afford the house. He is even cancelling stuff once i move out {i.e., cable, cleaning service, wifi package} BUT I have a strong suspension someone will move in quickly