Exhausting

Started by 11JB68, February 26, 2019, 03:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

It's exhausting.
I've posted a few things in the past several days re: an 'incident' with a co-worker. I honestly do not know if she has a PD or not.
But the behaviors seem similar...
One thing I find exhausting is dealing with contradictions. Say one thing, do another; say a bunch of stuff, then later say oh not it's not that it's just this.
e.g. one of her complaints to me is she wants to be 'part of the team', 'in the loop', wants me to delegate to her/ask for help etc.
So - new employee we need to set up with a new procedure. Coworker had one set of tasks to do to help this person get set up, then I worked with someone else on the procedure and then trained the new employee. Co-worker said she did her part.
Now I find - she didn't - or at least didn't do it fully. So for several weeks the new girl has been working without all of the needed resources.
Now I'm in the position of going to co-worker, who verbally attacked me last week and asking her yet again to complete this task.
I was NOT delegating much to her or consulting her as she seemed to have 'checked out' and didn't seem to want any/added responsibility(ies)
So exhausting and frustrating!!

clara

They enjoy keeping you jumping through hoops, 11.  If it's the only form of control over you they can use, they'll use it.  Getting you to do their work for them because they somehow can't get it done, get it done right, or don't think it's really their job, is one of the hoops they'll use.  As long as they can get away with it, they'll keep thinking up new tricks.  Knowing when to walk away and allow them to sink or swim is tricky because it can backfire, i.e., why didn't you handle the situation when you saw what was going on, even if it's not your responsibility.  Remember that PDs have a way of presenting themselves to others that can seem reasonable and trustworthy, even when they're lying through their teeth. 

I once worked with a woman who did those things your co-worker does.  She was ADD, but I only realized that shortly before she resigned.  She'd want to do more, then wouldn't do what she was asked to do (always had an excuse), had an extreme sense of entitlement where everyone was supposed to accommodate her while she was unable to accommodate anyone else, never could make up her mind on what story she was telling was true--things were always evolving, etc. but basically she wouldn't acknowledge that the problem lay with her, not with others in the department.  Why she quit I don't know but it was a huge relief when she did.