Just need to vent: Nbro's hurtful behavior to Mom

Started by goodgirl, March 04, 2019, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodgirl

I don't guess I need advice, really, because there is nothing i can do, but I just need to vent.

Long story short, dad died three months ago, and I moved 90-yo depressive Mom to my state to be closer to me and to better care for her. She is in assisted living. Nbro lives about 45 minutes away. Yesterday he and his (extremely sweet wife) came to visit Mom. Mom wanted them all to sit together on sort of an indoor veranda to visit and look out the windows. But apparently at some point, Nbro just left Mom and Wife to go by himself up to Mom's unit. I don't have any answer as to why. Not surprisingly, Mom because anxious and sad and then wanted to follow Nbro upstairs. According to SIL, Mom said didn't want to lose time with her son. Which UNDERSTANDABLE.

So SERIOUSLY: how do you think you're going to make a sick old lady feel if you come to visit her and then LEAVE HER WITH YOUR WIFE AND DO SOMETHING ELSE??? It wasn't a bathroom break, clearly. All I can imagine is he was bored and went to watch TV. I just don't know. I can't ask him directly lest he start another rage fest, but honestly: If you don't want to spend time with your mom, then don't come to visit at all. Coming and then checking out right before her eyes is cruel.

/rant

Starboard Song

Vent here. Compassion there.

That's just how it works sometimes. I am glad you are there for your mother.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward