Unannounced

Started by AMC, March 14, 2019, 06:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMC

My mother just turned up at my work unannounced. She has done this before - but this time she bumped into a colleague who knows her. She was just waiting for me.

I feel paralyzed and totally invaded.

HELP!

Juniperberry

Ugg.  I'm so sorry. 

"Mom, you may not come here again.  You need to leave now."

and if she won't leave,
"Mom, I'm going to call the police to make you leave if you do not leave right now."  And then you CALL THE POLICE if she doesn't leave.

Calm voice.  Calm body. 

I'm so sorry... 

moglow

If you're unable to to the above right now, Ask your supervisor to tell her you're in a conference or training and can't be disturbed. Once that's done sit down with said supervise and tell him/her whatever you're comfortable sharing, and ask if you may leave for the rest of this shift. They may be more understanding/ helpful than you think.

Once you've taken steps to get her out of there you'll feel better, I promise. If she stages a scene, that's ALL on her. Not your stuff.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

AMC

Thanks for your advice -  I am about to venture out for lunch and plan on using those tips if she is there.

I know it's on her, but it's unbelievable how quickly I go from a woman in work to a child in isolation. Thinking, what have I done that she feels the need to treat me this way etc..

It's bloody exhausting!

Thanks again