Cptsd

Started by Boudicca, March 20, 2019, 10:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boudicca

Hi, I have a current diagnosis of EUBPD. I'm thinking it might really be CPTSD. Just looking for info really. Might be worth mentioning to my G.P. I'm interested in finding the right therapy.

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

It takes bravery and strength to address a BPD diagnosis. Whatever diagnosis ultimately is determined, you deserve the support of a good counselor or therapist, a trusted network of FOC to help you think through what you are learning and feeling, and online resources for anonymous, safe support.

Out of the FOG is particularly dedicated to supporting those who struggle with the impact of others in their lives: others with personality disorders. You may have loved ones in your life with a PD. If so, you are welcome to participate in Out of the FOG, but our discussions must revolve around dealing with the loved ones in your life with a PD and not on your own recovery from a PD.  There are other excellent sites for support in your own recovery (See our Links for more info). 

Members are frank and direct here, looking for a safe place to share their stories. They often come to the forum with emotions and hurt that are a bit raw. For this reason, you may find some of their stories, reactions and feelings triggering. Please do not take such comments personally or attempt to speak on behalf of another person, whom you do not know.

Again, you are being strong and you are being brave. I wish you so much good strength as you proceed. Focus on tactics: what do I do, what do I not do. And find someone you trust and trust them. Good luck!
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Spring Butterfly

Warm welcome and just to add to Starboard Song here's some info on cPTSD for your review
https://outofthefog.website/toolbox-1/2015/11/17/complex-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-c-ptsd

There's also info on PD Treatment
https://outofthefog.website/treatment

You're definitely on the right track with looking into it more fully with your GP. sometimes it takes awhile to get a correct diagnosis but it's definitely worth looking into and wish you peace and healing.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing