How to reply to a message

Started by Sciencefox, May 08, 2019, 11:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciencefox

I'm having trouble replying to messages.  I have people replying to my message, but I'm unclear how to reply to them personally.  I don't want to make a general reply to a thread of people.  There is a reply button on the top and bottom of the screen.  Do I have to type in their name to respond to them?  Please advise.

xredshoesx

to respond to a thread on the open boards simply hit the reply option, on the bottom middle of your screen.

if you want to make the reply on the thread more personal, you can quote the person using the quote functions or cut/ paste their response into your response.

when you are done typing your response, then hit the post button on the bottom right of the screen.

sending a personal message to reply to any poster regarding matters on the open boards is highly discouraged.  the purpose of this group is to foster discussion about PD/ uPD relationships among many people.

Sciencefox

Thank you Red Shoes.  I guess I understand the process when only one person responds.  If someone else responds to this thread, how do I get the reply to go under them?  Each person responding to a message doesn't have their own reply button.  And when I reply, the message goes to the bottom of the whole thread.  I'm probably over complicating this!

bloomie

Quote from: SciencefoxIf someone else responds to this thread, how do I get the reply to go under them?  Each person responding to a message doesn't have their own reply button.  And when I reply, the message goes to the bottom of the whole thread.

Sciencefox - no, that is a great question and I hope I am understanding you correctly. The forum does not have a function that enables us to respond to each member individually. What members do  if they want to do that is use the quote feature and respond under the quote like I have done above. You can also use a member's name and respond to them in the thread. Essentially though, a thread is a conversation between those who chose to join in.

Here is a link that explains how to use the quote function: https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=3153.0

In addition, you can modify your forum profile depending on if you want the most recent message in chronological order at the top of the thread or at the bottom.

To modify your profile so that the most recent post in a thread is at the top go to: Account Settings (upper right hand corner by your member profile image), click on the drop down menu: Modify Profile (on the left side), click Look and Layout, tick the box by Show Most Recent Posts at Top.

That should reorder the posts for you. I hope this helps!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

Sciencefox

Ok, Bloomie, l will practice here.  Thanks for taking the time to reply about replying!  Hope you have a nice weekend.