Crazy, jealous SIL!

Started by hildab, April 24, 2019, 04:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hildab

Who would believe it, that both DH and I have N sisters? I'm NC with mine after she went too far about 10 years ago. So did DH's, but we lived far away from her and she seemed OK after we moved back. In fact, our "friend." Ha ha.

That's how it started. I was work acquaintances with her and both single, we planned to hang out. She introduced me to her brother, and that was it. We fell madly in love and, since this was our second rodeo, we eloped a year later to minimize family drama of exes and kids.

Well, NSIL went ballistic. She called everyone in the family, DH's friends, and his ex! to tell them all that DH had "gone off the deep end" by marrying me. You see, until I came along, she had regarded DH as her partner in misery. She's long divorced and can't keep a relationship. She was also unemployed and drinking heavily, lost her license.
Anyway, DH cut her off and so I did, esp. after she verbally abused both of us.

Fast forward...10 years later, another job loss and no BF, and she's back to her old tricks. She starts hating on me, esp. at family property where everyone gathers to "work." Uh-oh. My DD (DH's step) had planned to have a wedding celebration party there. He's also been the unpaid caretaker for the past couple of years, loves the place. (he also lost his son to drugs, that's another factor that makes me sick, that she is so cruel to him in light of this tragedy). She berates, belittles, and condescends in emails (just to him no other family members of course) regarding his concerns and work on the property. Then...duh duh duh, she tells us *two weeks out* with guest coming from all over the country, that she wants a work day on the property and my DD's event is nixed. We have to move it. In AUGUST, when all the venues are booked.

Deaf ear to our protests, BS to my DD about it "she had no choice" etc. We found another venue, thanks to DH's EX! Yay. His spineless other sisters didn't attend our event. Boo.

Since then there has been more verbal abuse via email and DH and I are not attending any family events where she is. For the past 8 months I have not seen her. Through all this I have not said one word, I have blocked her. Mostly good with it but sometimes I am still so mad. Especially what she did to my DD. Who on earth does that to someone and thinks it's OK?

Oh yeah and after a few slights (no birthday card for me, my name left off cards for DH - big card family) she is doing the "nothing happened" trick. Let's get together and catch up. Will I see you on Easter? BARF. NO.

all4peace

Ugh, this kind of behavior is maddening and distressing. I'm too familiar with all-over-the-board behavior from people who have expected DH, me and our family to treat them as if we are close and beloved. I'm sorry for all the chaos and don't have any advice, just a wish for it to all calm down for you. Good luck!