Resources for co-parents of young children?

Started by EntWife, April 11, 2019, 12:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EntWife

Long-stories-short, I have a couple parents with ex-spouses who have symptoms of PDs and both are looking for resources to help them help their children. One's child's is 2 and the other's is 4 and both are showing aggressive, angry, and controlling behaviors and neither parent is sure how best to help their child.

I hope that makes sense!
"Boundaries ensure that the consequences of a person's actions land squarely on his/her shoulders." -(I wish I knew who originally wrote/said this!)

Whiteheron

Therapy. If at all possible. That would be my top piece of advice. Also giving the kids a healthy outlet to let out that pent up rage/frustration when they get back to the stable home - a routine the kids can look forward to. A year or two ago, I was watching a woman on youtube - her name was Michelle, I think -"from surviving to thriving." She had some advice on how to handle young kids coming back from the PD house. She gives examples of how she helped her kids cope.

That's all I know about. I hope others here have more to share.
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Penny Lane

Some books:
Divorce Poison
Coparenting with a Toxic Ex
Don't Alienate the Kids! Raising Resilient Children while Avoiding High Conflict Divorce
Divorcing a Narcissist

Best of luck to them, it's such an impossible situation to be in.