Just joined today. This is my story.

Started by BackToReality222, April 12, 2019, 06:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BackToReality222

Hi. new here. I hope I'm posting this in the appropriate thread. Six months out of a 17- year relationship with my NPD wife. It was only when leaving her after discovering her lying and cheating that everything began to fall into place – that 'eureka' moment that seems to be common to victims of narcissistic abuse.

Samuel S.

My dear friend, you are in the right place and at the right time! I truly am so very sorry for the loss of your happiness after all of those years! You were given a supposedly soulmate (the same words that were fed to me early on), only to be shelved slowly but surely. Unfortunately, you and I were conned big time into believing that your fantasy was a reality, too.

Then, during the years, you remained the loving soulmate, and she decided to basically discard you for others, and that hurts extremely so! She gets involved with her job traveling all over, focused on her personal joy, which is basically like my PDw now. She looks at you as someone who is just there, and that hurts extremely so!

Her work, her gym workouts, all of that is a coverup so that she doesn't have to be close; yet, the ideal soulmate used this coverup to win you over and over again, as mine did, too!

My T said to me, and I suggest to you that you take care of yourself. You have been extremely hurt! Your daughter probably has a lot of hurt feelings, questions, about how her parents could be so good for one another and now are apart.

Again, please do take care of yourself, and please keep on posting here. It can be very purging. I also suggest that since you have written books, that perhaps, you ay wish to share your experiences and your suggestions to others, when the time is right.

1footouttadefog

How beautifully written.

I am sorry it is such a sad story.  I am more sorry that I can relate to so very many aspects of it.

Welcome.  There is a toolbox portion of this website that will likely prove helpful. 

iamthefire

That was beautifully written. I hope you can get back to writing and rebuild from there.  I am sorry for all that you went through.  It is incredibly tough. The one thing that struck me is that she called you "the love of her life". That is what my uNPDx calls me too. It seems often times they are cut from the same cloth and use the same lines and tricks. It is hard to move on when the one you love so much calls you that.