Mother Hunger by Kelly McDaniel

Started by Spring Butterfly, May 28, 2023, 06:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Butterfly

This is an amazingly insightful book. It's not about blame nor is it about it being ok. It's neutral and healing.

Three basic needs of infants: nurturing, protection and guidance. When these are unmet infants experience brain and nervous system adaptation different from others. They develop attachment styles and coping mechanisms most of us here on Out of the FOG are familiar with.

Maternal abuse is called "Third Degree Mother Hunger" and creates an injury beyond unmet needs as an infant attempts to reconcile that someone they look to for survival, nurturing and protection is at the same time the source of their fear.

I've been on my healing journey intensively for 10 years and have processed the grief and despair on a deep level thanks to several somatic and bottom up techniques to clear implicit memories and trauma. My journey continues and I continue to grow and shed what no longer serves me.

Trauma counselor Kelly McDaniel has seen these traits over and over in clients who feel trapped in cycles of harmful behaviors - and are unable to stop.

Many of us find ourselves stuck in unhealthy habits simply because we don't see a better way. With Mother Hunger, McDaniel helps women break the cycle of destructive behavior by taking a fresh look at childhood trauma and its lasting impact. In doing so, she destigmatizes the shame that comes with being under-mothered and misdiagnosed. McDaniel offers a healing path with powerful tools that include therapeutic interventions and lifestyle changes in service to healthy relationships.

The constant search for mother love can be a lifelong emotional burden, but healing begins with knowing and naming what we are missing. McDaniel is the first clinician to identify Mother Hunger, which demystifies the search for love and provides the compass that each woman needs to end the struggle with achy, lonely emptiness, and come home to herself.

This audio product contains a PDF with supporting material, and the PDF is available to download.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing

NarcKiddo

Thank you!

Just reading the initial excerpt on Amazon provoked a very profound emotional response, so I am pretty sure this book will be helpful to me.
Don't let the narcs get you down!

luckyjack

tnx for review. Want to read it too