Creating A Workout Schedule

Started by Artemis T, April 13, 2019, 12:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis T

I had a strong urge to check my ex and/or his new gf's social media today and I didn't so that's positive! Every time I get that urge I redirect my energy, one way is to come on here. Lately I've been thinking about creating a weekly workout routine. Since walking was so cathartic this week, I figure I'd walk for at least 45 mins about 1-2 days a week, work out at home at least 1`-2 days a week and then take a class. I typically suck at routine lol, but I want to do this. I want to feel strong and focused and as much as I kinda hate getting started up for exercise once I do it I actually enjoy it (except burpees which are from hell). So that's an idea I have for feeling better, also I'll start my training for volunteer work next week. I was planning to do that way before everything happened with my ex, and that event just hastened my initiative. I'll be helping adults struggling with literacy develop reading skills. I always like being involved in my community in some capacity so I really look forward to that as well.

Feeling hopeful.
Hope everyone else is maintaining.  :)

11JB68

Goldielocks

That's great! Very positive. I've recently started volunteering too. I assist at the local hospital in the main outpatients department. I get to meet people who are so grateful for my help/kindness that I find myself looking forward to it each week.
I always used to be disappointed with myself whenever I clicked onto facebook too much. I've dumped it now  :)
Good Luck with your new regime.

looloo

Yay for you!  I have to have a general routine/schedule for my life in general, otherwise I would never get anything done  ;D. I've successfully stuck to a workout routine for a while now, and I fit it into my work and home responsibilities pretty well by carving out exactly when i'm going to be doing it.  Scheduling WORKS!

I love your volunteering activity too-helping folks improve their literacy!
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."  Oscar Wilde.

"My actions are my true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand."  Thich Nhat Hanh

Boat Babe

I got my first ever dog just before Christmas. The daily walks have been so good for me, physically and mentally. We both love it! Plus he loves me!!!
It gets better. It has to.

1footouttadefog

Exercise can be great.  I used to take walks and met great people along the way, got to know some of the deer who roam the area who are almost tame, saw incredible birds and wildlife on a regular basis. 

Need to get a routine back.