Health scares

Started by Peaceforme, April 24, 2019, 02:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peaceforme

Quick question: we are vvvvlc right now with mil. We allow her to see the kids, for a few hours, at our house or a neutral location as long as the rest of the NPD family isn't with her. She seems to be sweet and normal with them but we monitor closely. We do not respond to texts other than setting a time to see the kids (no more than every month or two), we don't call, we don't visit with her, we don't go to her house, we don't attend any family functions or holidays. We got a text today that she's gone in for a biopsy and doesn't have the results back... thoughts? How do you guys handle health scares that may or may not be legit?

Thru the Rain

Maybe a neutral response? Something like "saying a prayer for you" or similar.

I would avoid any emotional content in a response.

Iguanagos

This smells like a Hoover to me. She knows you're not responding to any texts. So it sounds like she has ramped up the drama in order to force a response from you. She doesn't have any actual news yet, as in the results from the biopsy, so there's nothing really to respond to.

I would opt for either no response (at least not until there are actual results to respond to), or a neutral response like Thrutherain said. But if you do respond, there's a good chance she will consider that an opening volley for further text contact.

all4peace

We used to get a lot of these. DH's response was along the lines of "Thank you for sharing. Please let us know how you're doing. We're sorry to hear this."

Peaceforme

Thanks everyone! We decided to go with the generic "Sorry to hear this. Let us know when you get the results." Not a peep after that. I guess we will see. It's neverending.