Dealing with a wife who I strongly feel has histrionic personality disorder

Started by Alfredplac, April 19, 2019, 03:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfredplac

Hello all
Tonight has been a difficult night for me and I need insight on what i should do with my chosen relationship.  My wife and I have been together for 8 years and married for almost 3. We have a 6 year old daughter.  Tonight i caught my wife sexting with another man via instagram and has been caught multiple times with various other people over the years.  My question to you all is do you notice a reoccurring trend with significant other of when he or she may act out? Typically every year this happens during the same time and its startung to become draining. Every time we have a falling out we try to fix things and strengthen our communication. But then all of a sudden it becomes her not wanting to try or not caring to and saying mean hurtful things about getting a divorce. I'm a patient person and want to support my wife, knowing that mental disorders run in her family. Im not sure if it's the disorder talking or if she truly does not want to be with me.

1footouttadefog

The old sayings may be true here...

A picture is with a 1000 words

Actions speak louder than words.

Her actions speak volumes about her view and value of the relationship.  That she threatens you with divorse under such circumstances is perhaps telking.

Sometimes our SO with PD tells and shows us exactly who they are and we choose not to believe them.   

GentleSoul