5 Types of People You Can't Help by Dharius Daniels

Started by Hindsite, April 21, 2019, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hindsite

I'd like to share an excellent youtube video that has helped me press 'restart' when my mind gets stuck on negative thinking. It's a video on youtube called 5 Types of People You Can't Help by Dharius Daniels. He's preaching on Matthew 10:11-16, Helpful highlights:
When Jesus sent his disciples out, he warned them that they would find people who wouldn't listen. If people don't want to listen to you, don't want your help, he told them not to leave your peace there. Take your peace with you and leave.
If you left your peace behind, Go Back and Get It!
If you've got your peace, you can get a job, a place to live, whatever you need. Don't leave your peace behind.
Shake off the 'dust' that you picked up (resentment, anger, frustration) and don't bring it with you to the next town.
The 5 types you can't help:
1. those who don't think they need help
2. those who know they need help, but don't want it
3. those who know they need help, but don't want it ...yet...
4. those who know they need help, but don't want it from YOU
5. those are aren't willing to do what it takes to get what they need, e.g. they want money, but don't want to do the work to earn it
By trying to 'help', we are enabling and getting in God's way to let them experience their own dissonance.
Give these people up to God, let them go, and let God deal with them.
Peace Out.

all4peace

Great points--thanks for sharing! It could save a lot of us a lot of pain if we could recognize this sooner.

sad_dog_mommy

Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you are trying to be everyone else's anchor.   

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

Unconditional love doesn't mean you have to unconditionally accept bad behavior.