Trouble with NC

Started by Peaceforme, April 23, 2019, 07:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peaceforme

Does anyone else have an NPD parent or parent in-law that frequents a lot of the same places making it nearly impossible to go NC?
We are currently vvvlc with NPD MIL but I feel like we are walking around just waiting on the next time we will run into her and the kids (too young to really understand) will run up all excited and start telling her allllll about our plans and what we've been doing and she will then go on and on about how much she misses them and would just love to visit "as soon as mommy and daddy say it's ok" etc etc etc.
I so wish we could just be done with husbands FOO but they are everywhere. Ugh.  :-\

all4peace

Hi peaceforme, I'm sorry this moved down the page a bit without a response.

I live next-door to 2 houses of likely PD ILs, in a very small community. Oddly, we rarely see them except for church.

Does your MIL have a pattern? Are there places she typically visits at certain times? Or do you have a pattern? My only advice would be to break that pattern. I don't know the ages of your kids, but it might be appropriate to let them know that family plans are for the family to discuss, but not necessarily other people. Hard to know for sure, though.

Peaceforme

Thanks! Yeah, we try to avoid as much as we can but it's not always easy to predict. Smallish town where both she and my parents live and hard to avoid her. We are thankfully about an hour away but we visit my parents a lot. It's just hard having to constantly be on guard. More of a vent than anything else I guess. It never ends!