Please tell me it will be ok

Started by Associate of Daniel, May 10, 2019, 01:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose1

Yes. If it hurts him in some way he may call it off. If you are going to take me to court anyway then it will go back to me asking for custody and child support

sevenyears

OMG AOD. That doesn't make any sense. It sounds to me like a ploy to keep everyone off balance.In the best case scenario, this will get sorted out before court, when your lawyer sends the letter in which you agreed. In the worst case scenario, this does go to court. Then what? The judge can either rule that your DS lives with your XH and goes to school close by based on the agreement you reached, or the judge rules to keep things the way they are. And, if this goes to court, what happens in the meantime? Does your  DS stay with you and go to the school where you live while this all gets sorted out? It seems to me that a change mid-school year would be the most disruptive to him. I'm so sorry that you and DS still have all this uncertainty.

Associate of Daniel

Yeah. Just wondering what the consequences are for his LAWYER to LIE to the court.

Court is at the end of October, so still within ds's final year of school.

I haven't told ds.  UNPD exH's uNPD wife will undoubtedly do that in the next day or so.

Poor kid.

AOD

hhaw

I'm not saying all PDs are the same, but my experience is PDs would rather TAKE things from us, than receive them when we're giving them up willingly.

Maybe the wife decided she wants a more severe Judge's Order.

Maybe the attorney wants to be paid for a trial.  A friend once agreed on divorce terms with her stbx, then the stbx's attorney said it wasn't good enough, and pressed forward with the trial, or so that was the story.

It's frustrating, scary, and a huge PITA, I know that much.

Sorry AOD.

Let us know what happens.

I hope it's just a mistake.

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Penny Lane

Quote from: hhaw on August 29, 2019, 12:27:36 PM
I'm not saying all PDs are the same, but my experience is PDs would rather TAKE things from us, than receive them when we're giving them up willingly.

It's almost like ... it's not really about whatever the thing is, it's about the fight and winning.

So sorry AOD.

athene1399

I'm sorry, AoD. I like Stepping Lightly's idea of seeing if your ex can pay the court fees since last you heard this was all sorted out. What was the summons for? I'm assuming he wanted something that wasn't already agreed on, but if you were in the process of negotiations, you think they would just have another meeting or whatever. Or does he just want it sooner than agreed on? It really doesn't make sense what your ex is doing. But maybe we just can't see his angle yet. or it's like the others are saying and he doesn't want what you are wiling to give, he wants to take something you don't want to give.

How have you been doing? This sounds like it was a big surprise. 

hhaw

As I recall, settlement attempts aren't something we can bring up in court proceedings.  I think.  So, it's unclear what a Judge will think about your decision to settle, do what everyone  wants.... your ds, and the PD, and then have the PD insist on court. 

I would document very clearly, to opposing counsel, and the PD, the fact that you've already agreed to their terms, and court would be an unecessary hardship for you and your ds.

So sorry this is happening to you.
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt