How To Interact In His World

Started by Kat54, May 09, 2019, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

While I say interact in his wold, then being strong And ignoring what he does is what I need to do.
My daughters college graduation is next weekend. My phone goes off for a text. My exUNPDh sends me and my son and my sons girlfriend this compilation of photo/video of our daughter. Teen to College graduation video. First picture is of he and our daughter arm in arm. All the others, my daughter and her brother. Group photo's of family, and cousins. Another picture of the two of them arm in arm hugging. I'm in a couple group photos, like way in the background.
Yup, cried through the whole thing at how absent I am. Thanks, the reminder of how little and insignificant I was in his world.  Did respond...thanks, very nice.
Ok, move on and put it out of my head, he's not worth it. How do I get through next weekend. Feel like I just got crushed.

Poison Ivy

I'm sorry.  Graduations and other milestones can be challenging even in intact families, but having to get through it in the presence of an insensitive N ex-spouse multiplies the difficulties.  I suggest trying to focus on your daughter for the weekend and keeping in mind that it's almost certain that you won't be the only parent who's feeling the need to do some pretending to get through the event.  Good luck, and congratulations to you and your daughter.

cant turn back

I'm having a very strong reaction to your post.  This is not very Out of the FOG of me, but, what an &$@/$&@$.  Your daughter will surely see right through that and it's not going to make her feel good to see you be set aside... her mom.  Whomever sees this, they too will see it.  It will reflect negatively on him. Be strong. Don't drink the poison. He's outing himself, pathetic.  I'm so sorry. Three steps forward two steps back. You got this :cheer: :cheer:

notrightinthehead

I agree with the others, I would focus on my daughter and make it all about her.
I understand how painful it is to be reminded of how little you mattered for him. It might also strengthen your resolve to make a better life for yourself from now on. Stay strong!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Kat54

My journey has had peaks and valleys. I'll say mostly peaks since leaving. Have not one ounce of regret. The pain is there though..When there is interaction with him it seems to go south. Time will pass and it will lessen. The day is about my daughter and that's the focus.
She's amazing and want to cheer her on. Thanks to you all.