Good Luck

Started by SomethingElse, May 16, 2019, 01:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomethingElse

I feel as though I had some good luck recently. It feels nice to share something good for a change.
I may have shared about other things in the past, but they didnt really feel like good luck.
So, here it is... both of my primary abusers/PD family members more recently remarked on something which I was surprised at. They both mentioned in earnest, about how "clear-headed" I seemed.  And someone else I didnt know very well recently remarked on how "vibrant" I looked.
For me to get these phrases from others at a time when I am so fragile, especially from PD family members was like a gift from the universe. :)

I had been working for a long time on my health, and not talking much with others about it. It felt like a struggle I had succeeded at all alone. But when these people started commenting on how much I have changed, I got a boost of self confidence. It has really helped me along this journey towards self love, acceptance, appreciation, and finally confidence.
And, maybe not surprisingly it helped me to realize that I want to help others achieve these feelings too, as a job.

notrightinthehead

Well that sounds great! So happy for you and I am sure that serves as motivation to continue on your path.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

athene1399

I am so happy for you! It is always a great feeling when others notice our progress. You should be proud of yourself.  :)