Hello I’m new

Started by EyesOfSadness, May 22, 2019, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EyesOfSadness

Hi I'm new here. I'm looking for a place for support and maybe give support if I can. I don't know how to help myself even.

I'm struggling with severe depression. I an adult and I have an illness which I depend on my parents for income it's complicated but I'm trying to get disability so I don't have to rely on them but even then it's going to be difficult since you barely get enough to get by.

My parents continuously force me in submission for their help and then use me as a scapegoat in the family.

I'm hurt and scared. I want to get away from their abuse and be independent but it's so difficult when you have an physical illness and need help. They have taken advantage of this numerous times for their own self gain with money and attention from family and friends . I'm feeling very alone, cheated and drained.

Penny Lane

Hi EyesofSadness,
:bighug:

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us. I think you'll find both emotional support and practical advice (if you want it) in the dealing with pd parents forum.

And in the time before you can get disability, the toolbox might help you figure out ways to better cope with them day to day.

I look forward to hearing more of your story, if you want to share it.