No safe place

Started by relief1925, May 28, 2019, 04:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relief1925

So our boys birthday has been and gone...one already!!!
While we had a lovely time celebrating,  the in-laws hinder things slightly.

After the last....debate about the MIL’s party we hadn’t heard from them for well over a month. While peaceful it’s also a game.  We restrict mr and Mrs money bags with regards to their gift giving with our kids.  They knew my husband would have to make contact to ask them what they’ve bought and so on...only this time he didn’t,  he didn’t want to back down wirh regards to contact after they’d hurt him yet again.

We get to 10pm the night before our sons birthday ‘we are coming over tomorrow’ (bare in mind the entire weekend has passed already)
We had plans, we told them we would be out, so it didn’t suit us, ‘see you another day’.  They claimed they’d be in the area and leave the presents at the gate if we weren’t in. Again, husband states we won’t be there.
We knew exactly what they’d do, just hang around the area until just before dinner when they’d expect us home (they live 35 minutes away) so we are making our journey home and we look at the cctv...my husband guessed the time and was pretty accurate. We laugh but also feel pretty sick.
After all this time, we still can’t say no, they just turn up anyway ‍♀️ This is our home, surely we have the right to say ‘not today thanks’,  my dh is so wound up.  What’s even more strange is that they’ve done this for years and he’s not even seen it!
He got a text from the MIL day, ‘sorry we missed you’.  She can’t be serious? We said no, we’re out for the day, we said ‘pick another day’ yet they were still on the doorstep.
Suppose the bright side is that we’ve got cameras so we can see when people come and go....sad life to live really isn’t it lol

Penny Lane

Yikes, that sounds very stalkerish! Your home should be your safe haven. It's wild how far they can trample over boundaries, isn't it?

relief1925

They've done it for years, my husband  has had his eyes closed up until now.
They use gifts and leverage. It's always wanting to drop something off.
Usually when it's an occasion, even our wedding anniversary which without sounding rude, has nothing to do with them.
If we simply just want a quiet day, don't want to see them we have to leave the house, they've been known to circle the house if we say we're busy or out.
They aim to arrive when they think we will be back. So we can never say no, it's so invasive.
We'd actuallt said 'no, today doesn't suit' let us know another day and we will do that'